As a batch, we’ve intensified our efforts to spread the word on how to help the victims of Typhoon Sendong in Mindanao. As per the news, the hardest hit areas were CDO and Iligan city. Here are some updates on what we’ve done so far to help,
BATCH 87 UPDATES FOR ‘ONE FOR ILIGAN’ RELIEF EFFORTS
- As a batch, President Paul Fernandez has announced that we will be donating P150,000 from our funds to the cause. We have already remitted this to La Salle Brothers officially in charge of the One for Iligan relief effort
- We’ve already announced HOW TO HELP and began a campaign to spread the word. Thanks to the efforts of our batchmates and friends in Facebook and Twitter who have shared and re-posted the article to their walls or pages. To date, we have a total of 380 shares, the highest for any article in happyverde.net. Thanks so much!
- Through our PayPal account, we have the following donations to date (Dec 20, 2012, see below). Thank you guys! Thanks also to the efforts of Cliff De Guzman, Eddielu Arellano, Rueben Ravago and Mon Macutay for coordinating and setting up the donation system. The total donations below is around P27,000.00.
- Through the efforts of Melvin Pasay and Jake Dreyfus, we were able to secure P300,000 worth of medicines from Unilab. Wow! Super thanks! We are now currently coordinating and arranging logistics to get these to Iligan City.
- Batchmate Paul Hinlo was also able to secure 2 10-foot container vans for shipping. He’s going to have them shipped, 1 for CDO and 1 for Iligan. He has already announced (via our Batch 87 Facebook Group) the details. Let’s help him pack those containers with used clothes, medicines, noodles, canned goods and anything you might think would help. Great work, Paul! Thanks so much!
In just a couple of days, we, as a batch, have raised (cash and values) amounting to HALF-A-MILLION PESOS! That’s the power of teamwork and something that was always taught at our Alma Matter. We’re men here on this earth for a purpose – to help those in need.
Thanks again to the efforts of all our batchmates who have done their part to help, spread the word and inform everyone of our cause.
This will be a special Christmas for us as we live the values that St. John Baptist de La Salle taught us – to be true Christians, not just in words but through solid action!
La Salle Green Hills batch 1987 joins the nation as we mourn and grieve for the loss of so many Filipinos.
We continue to pray for the victims of Sendong and hope that what little help we can give will be able to alleviate their pain and suffering.
Again, in behalf of the batch, THANK YOU SO MUCH.
We’ve only just begun…