Also known as the “Practical Tips for the LSGH Alumni”, read on brothers and survive the night of all nights on Feb. 4!
THE HAPPY VERDE SURVIVAL GUIDE
1. Come early – Anticipate some heavy traffic along Ortigas because of the Homecoming. It would be good to come in early. Program will start promptly at 7PM.
2. Carpool with others – Parking will be difficult. Start calling some batchmates so that you can carpool with other fellow La Sallians. The entire stretch of Ortigas Avenue (from EDSA to Green Hills), on both sides, will be available for parking. No worries – we have policemen, traffic enforcers, including Barangay Tanods who will man your vehicles. As a precaution – don’t leave valuable belongings inside your vehicles.
3. Wear your Batch Shirt – It would be nice to see your batch as a solid group, so wear your batch’s shirt. If you don’t have your batch shirts with you, try calling your Batch Representative to get your shirts. If you don’t have one – it’s always safe to wear something GREEN. In case you forgot – GREEN is La Salle’s color! Hehe. Make sure to keep your shirts on, if you know what we mean…
4. Holy Mass for the Batch – Should you feel holy that afternoon, we wish to inform you that you are cordially invited to join us for a Holy Mass immediately preceding the Homecoming, which starts at 5:00PM in the LSGH Chapel. And since the relics of St La Salle will be present during the mass, proper church attire is requested (no sando, no shorts, and no slippers, please). Kung hindi kayo makakarating sa misa – huwag mag-alala, ipagdadasal naming kayo…
5. No firearms & No drugs – Firearms (including deadly weapons) and any illegal substances are strictly prohibited within the premises of our beloved La Salle Green Hills. Security personnel will be deployed from the gates and throughout the HC grounds. Let us ALL practice safety, have a drug-free environment, and set a good example …..
6. Stay on & party with us – Registration is located in Gate#5, along the Ortigas Avenue entrance of LSGH. Gates will be open to visiting Alumni and guests at 3PM. The HC program will start promptly at 7PM, and will end at ~midnight. You are welcome to party on with us even after midnight – hanggang umaga na eto!
7. Make sure you register – Upon entering, try to find the designated registration table for your batch. This way, it will ease the registration process. Furthermore, make sure that you detach and drop off the raffle stub connected to your entrance ticket in the designated drop box towards the end of the registration area – you get a chance to win some raffle goodies prepared by Batch 87, your Homecoming organizers: 1) Round trip ticket to Los Angeles or San Francisco, 2) 3Days/2Nights stay (airfare not included) for Bellaroca, Marinduque, 3) 3D/2N stay in Movenpick Resort Cebu, 4) 3D/2N in Alta Vista de Boracay, 5) Overnight stay in Discovery Suites Ortigas, and much much more!
8. Elections – If you are an Alumni, please find time to go through our election process. 7 seats in the Alumni Association Board of Directors are up for grabs. Exercise your right to vote – who you vote for will determine the future of our Alumni! Make sure to vote for 7 individuals. And no worries, LSGH uses PCOS Machines during our elections (walang dayaan dito, and high tech tayo!)
9. Lifetime Members of the Alumni – If you are not yet a Lifetime Member, a minimal fee of PhP1,000 is the cost to become one – there are many benefits to being a Lifetime Member of the Alumni. A table for applications will be available around the voting area. For current Lifetime Members of the LSGH Alumni Association, there is a refund of PhP200 (in the same table) from your payment of the gate entrance. Should you wish to enroll that night, the same refund of PhP200 will still apply – not a bad deal diba!?!
10. Patronize our Sponsors – The HC will not be successful without our generous sponsors. Please patronize them by passing by their respective booths. We want to keep them happy so that they continue to support La Salle Green Hills and her programs, especially our Homecomings. SPECIAL THANKS to Toyota, Shell, San Miguel Corporation, Manila Jockey Club, Primer Group of Companies, Samsung, Bench, and Bellaroca Island Resort & Spa. Also to Semirara Mining Corporation, Eva Air, Dusit Thani Hotel Manila, St. Therese Columbarium, and DMCI Homes.
11. Sign up with Twitter – If you haven’t done so, please sign up to Twitter (it’s free anyway)! Not only will you get to follow all the tweets, you will even get to send us tweets during the HC! Yup – during the HC, one of the screens will be showing live (real time) tweets from everyone! So, make sure you bring your smart phones, and get ready to send tweets during the HC. Anything goes dude! Follow us on the link https://twitter.com/#!/happyverde
12. Livestream – Especially for Archers living overseas, please log on to the link http://www.livestream.com/happyverde You’ll get to see the HC in its entirety LIVE thru Livestream. Just install the livestream app (it’s free) on your smart phone and/or PC, OR follow the link above in your browser. Please pass this on to our Batchmates abroad.
13. Bring your Camera – We encourage everyone to bring a camera (or your phone that has a camera), and take as many photos as you want. We also encourage everyone to share your photos in all forms of media available. Just a word of caution – share only photos that you want the public to see (including your spouse!). Bahala ka na mag-isip, hehe…
14. HV Raffle Tickets are still available – Batch 1987 has initiated a Raffle Project dubbed Happy Verde Raffle, slated on March 30. If you have not purchased raffle tickets, they will be available at the registration counter, and throughout the HC. Tickets are at PhP2,500 each, and will get you a chance to win a Toyota Fortuner! Proceeds from the Raffle Project will go to the Adult Night High School of One La Salle – so that other less fortunate Filipinos may receive a La Sallian education.
15. Look for your Batch’s table assignment – Upon entering the registration, you will find a printed layout of the HC grounds – and you can identify your Batch’s assigned table. no worries, there’s enough tables. There will be approximately 125 tables (with 20 seats each) – we don’t want you getting lost in the jungle. Don’t worry, the tables will have your batch assignments nevertheless. If you still have a hard time finding it – just follow the scent of your former batchmates (perhaps you’ll remember their scents, hehe)!
16. St La Salle Relics – The holy relics of St La Salle will be situated inside the LSGH Chapel during the Homecoming. Try to find time to venerate and pay homage to our beloved founder, St. John Baptiste de La Salle. We are truly privileged to have his presence on our 100th Year. The relics are on its last stop in LSGH before it finds its permanent resting place.
17. Final Tip: Be a Happy Verde – Our final tip is for you (and each and everyone of us) TO BE a Happy Verde! We are, after all, real green-blooded Archers! Be proud! This will truly be an amazing & fantastic Homecoming, and it will be the BIGGEST in LSGH History! Until then, have loads of fun on Feb 4 dude! HAPPY VERDE! ANIMO LA SALLE! HAIL! HAIL! HAIL!